Alex Herbert is a chartered town planner and member of the council of the National Infrastructure Planning Association, specialising in the development and consenting of large-scale renewable energy projects.
Alex previously led the planning team at Low Carbon Group, delivering over 100MW of solar PV, including the UK’s first 5MW solar farm. He was Head of Consents for Tidal Lagoon Power, leading the Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon from inception to consent. He also founded Giant Planning Ltd, an independent NSIP planning consultancy which advised:
- Low Carbon Group on Gate Burton Energy Park
- Arise Renewable Energy UK on solar NSIPs and
- RWE Renewables on Awel y Môr Offshore Wind Farm
- Horizon Nuclear Power on Wylfa Newydd new nuclear power station.
Alex joined Telis Energy UK as Head of Planning in April 2023. Telis Energy UK is a new energy developer, backed by the Carlyle Group, opening offices internationally, and aiming to make a big impact across multiple low carbon generating technologies.
- Focus on the NSIPs Opportunity for Solar
Day One - 27 June 11:30